“I’m in”

Senior Isaac Brumbaugh will attend Lycoming College after graduating high school. In this senior special blog, Brumbaugh shares why studying interesting subjects excites him and all the benefits the campus has to offer.

A+new+chapter+in+life.+%0AAfter+graduating+high+school%2C+senior+Isaac+Brumbaugh+will+attend+Lycoming+College.+Although+Brumbaugh+hasnt+decided+what+exactly+he+will+be+majoring+in%2C+he+plans+on+going+down+the+path+of+political+science+while+also+majoring+in+either+economics+or+philosophy.+

Isaac Brumbaugh

A new chapter in life. After graduating high school, senior Isaac Brumbaugh will attend Lycoming College. Although Brumbaugh hasn’t decided what exactly he will be majoring in, he plans on going down the path of political science while also majoring in either economics or philosophy.

Q: Why did you choose to go to Lycoming College?

A: I chose Lycoming College for a couple of reasons. The staff I met up there were really great people, and the campus itself is very nice. The school is known for its liberal arts which is what I plan to go into. Conveniently, my sister lives right beside campus, so I don’t have to worry about the expense of the dorms.

Q: What are you majoring in or planning on studying at Lycoming College?

A: I plan on getting a double major in the fields of either political science and economics or philosophy and political science. However, since my career path doesn’t require any particular major I have not decided exactly what I will be going for.

Q: What excites you the most about college?

A: Personally, the idea of having more responsibilities and independence is what I think makes me most excited about college. Also, the idea of meeting new people who enjoy what I enjoy has been on my mind for a long time now.

Q: Is there anything about college that intimidates you?

A: I will have to start college a semester late due to National Guard training which has made me worried about everything I will miss that first semester. Other than that, I think I am ready for the experience.

Q: What other colleges were you looking at as other options?

A: Before I settled on Lycoming I was looking at similar schools such as Juniata College, Seton Hill University and St. John’s College.

Q: Why did you think this college was the choice for you? What about the school interested you?

A: Lycoming was my final choice because above all the other places I visited, it had the best professors. It had just about everything I was looking for, such as internships, clubs and studies [while] all in a convenient location.

Q: How do you feel about senior year ending so soon?

A: Early this year I felt a bit worried about how fast senior year was going and what came after. However, at this point, I feel ready and excited for it to end and to move onto a new chapter in my life.

Q: What do you think will be the biggest difference between high school and college?

A: The biggest difference I will feel between high school and college is my personal interest. Now that I will be studying what I want to study I feel I will be far more into what I am working on.