Announcements for Feb. 25

ATTENTION ALL FLC MEMBERS:  There will be a club meeting today beginning at 3PM.  This meeting may be attended virtually.  Our club will be hosting a presenter from Juniata College through the Language in Motion program.  There will be a possibility to earn a small prize for participation during this meeting.  Please contact Madame Skomra if you have any questions or are unable to attend.
All students in grades 9-12 who are interested in Spring Track & Field are reminded physicals will be held on Wednesday, March 3rd in the AAHS Training Room immediately after school at 2:45 p.m.  Anyone who did not participate in a fall or winter sport must complete paperwork and attend physicals. Athletes who participated in a fall or winter sport do not have to report for physicals, but must complete the Recertification paperwork.  All completed physical paperwork needs to be turned into Coach Adams in Room B220 no later than March 2nd.  Physical forms are located on the Athletics website.
Seniors are reminded that the last day to turn in senior photos is March 1.  Provine photos will be used for all seniors unless an alternate photo is submitted.  Email photos to [email protected].  Any senior who has already submitted a photo should have received a confirmation email.  Check the list on the outside of the auditorium to be sure you submitted.
ATTENTION STUDENTS AGE 16 OR OLDER:  If you are 16 years of age or older and would like to take the ASVAB, please sign up in the counseling office.  Deadline to sign up is Friday, March 12th.  The ASVAB is the required exam for those interested in joining any branch of the military.  You may take the exam on your own in Altoona or in school on Tuesday, March 16th.
ATTENTION BOYS:  Any boys interested in playing boys volleyball this spring, there will be an open gym on Sunday evening from 6:45 – 8:30 in the high school fieldhouse.  Please wear your mask, use the front entrance of the fieldhouse, and bring your own water bottle.  For additional information, please either email or stop and see Coach Saboe in B311.
ATTENTION STUDENTS INTERESTED IN ATTENDING GACTC NEXT YEAR:  Please complete your application on the GACTC website as soon as possible.  Please see or contact your school counselor if you have any questions.
School Picture Info
A schedule has been created to ensure all students are provided an opportunity to have school photos taken at the Altoona Area High School.  Students attending in person instruction will have photos taken from English classes on the dates listed below. Please look over this carefully to be sure you know which day your English teacher will be taking you for photos.
February 26 – Group B Day 1:  (Cossiter, Fuller, Harris, Vanish, Derubis, Fasolo, Rosenberry, Bobby, Lowe, Kelly, Quinn, Young, Price)
March 1 – Group A Day 2:   (Cossiter, Fuller, Harris, DeRubis, Fasolo, Rosenberry, Bobby, Lowe, Kelly, Quinn, McGeary, Matthias, Dyer)
March 2 – Group B Day 2:   (McCarter, Martin, Hetrick, Garman, McGeary, Tippett-Wertz, Chywski, Flick, Janosik, McElwee, Murray)
Virtual and cyber students are invited to come into the high school auditorium on March 3. Students are split into groups by grade and alphabet.  Please consult the chart below to ensure you know what date and time you have been assigned. There should be 30 students per time slot in the auditorium at the same time split between 3 photographers.
Finally there will be two make up days on March 4 and 5. In person students will be called to the field house by grade over the announcements.  Virtual and cyber students may come in on either day from 12-3 to make up their missed photo.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we try to make this work with the A, B schedule as well as the virtual schedule. School picture order forms will be distributed as students return. Additional forms are available from the main office. For those wishing to order online go to www.prepayorders.com and enter code ah7153
Attention Juniors and Seniors:  The Homecoming Committee is now accepting membership applications for President and Vice President ONLY through Friday, February 26th. Current seniors may apply for President, and current seniors and juniors for Vice President. You may pick up an application in room B211 during the school day. The application is due back to Mrs. Schreiber in B211 by Friday, March 5th at 3pm. The first committee meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 9th 2021 at 2:50pm in the Student Commons area (upper bleachers) on the second floor of the B building (next to Mr. McGinnis’ office). You will receive an acceptance pass via email by Monday, March 8th if selected.
Attention potential Homecoming Candidates:  If you would like to be the next AAHS Homecoming Royal, please see your advisor or coach to run. Your advisor or coach has been emailed a copy of this year’s Homecoming Packet that includes candidate information. Candidate entries from coaches or advisors must be submitted to Mrs. Curry by no later than Friday, March 5th. Any questions, please email either Mrs. Curry or Mrs. Schreiber.