ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THURSDAY, APRIL 8, 2021

Attention Readers:  If you are interested in participating in a virtual book club, please email Mrs. Lucas at [email protected] or stop in the library.

AAHS Girls’ Basketball will be having an open gym from 6-8 tonight at the AAHS fieldhouse.  Open gyms for the Lady Lions will be Mondays and Wednesdays from 6-8 and Saturdays from 9-11.  

Attention Students!

Theme week is being hosted by the Homecoming Club beginning next week!  Each day will be a different theme and we are counting on you to show some school spirit!  The themes for each day are as follows:

Monday:  Pajama Day – come to school in your favorite, comfy PJs, just don’t fall asleep in class!

Tuesday:  Favorite Character Day – dress up as your favorite character!  Examples include Disney characters, superheroes, or characters from books, movies, or TV shows!

Wednesday:  School Pride Day – wear some of your best Altoona gear and show your school pride!

Thursday:  Space Out Day – show up to school in astronaut, alien, or galaxy-themed attire, or you could just wear your favorite NASA t-shirt!

Friday: Beach Day – think warm thoughts as you stroll down the halls in your Hawaiian shirts, flip flops, and beach hats!

**Please remember that all theme day attire must be school appropriate in content and style!  We look forward to seeing everyone’s school spirit!

Attention students! The AAHS spring musical, You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown, will be performed on our brand new stage THIS Friday and Saturday at 7pm! Join Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Linus and the rest of the Peanuts gang as they hilariously share their thoughts on lunchtime, friendship, baseball games, and just growing up. A limited number of $5 student tickets are available for advance purchase in the student store. We will NOT be selling tickets at the door the night of the show. Tickets will be sold first come, first serve, so make sure you get your ticket early before we run out. It’s been a long year of no live entertainment, so take advantage of this opportunity to get out of the house and support your talented friends onstage and backstage!

There is also a virtual livestream option for your parents and any interested virtual students – streaming access must be purchased at altoonaasd.booktix.com. It is $15 for the household (watching from one device).

ATTENTION COLLEGE BOUND JUNIORS:  Today is the deadline to register for the May 8th SAT.  Register online at www.collegeboard.org

Attention Seniors:  Applications for the National Association for the Education of Homeless Children and Youth Scholarship are now available in the counseling office and on our website.  You must be eligible for McKinney-Vento assistance or have experienced homelessness while in school within the last 6 years to apply for the scholarship.  Application deadline is May 28.

Attention Seniors:  Applications are now available in the counseling office and on our website for the Jaffa Highlanders Scholarship.  Completed applications are due in the counseling office by 3:00 PM on Friday, April 30th.  Late applications will not be accepted.