Sophomore Garrett Baumgartner steps up to captain

Aleah Layton, Guest Writer

The boys’ volleyball team has been killing it this season even though they added so many new members moving up. The team puts in so much effort into making themselves the best they can be. Not only for themselves but also for their teammates as well. 

Serving up is a sophomore varsity starter, Garrett Baumgartner. Baumgartner is  committed to his team and works hard to be the absolute best that he can be. For only being a sophomore in his second year on the team, he has already succeeded as being one of the two team captains. 

Baumgartner plays as an outside hitter position during the game. 

“Our team is such a great group of guys that encourage everyone and work very hard to get better,” Baumgartner said. 

Along with Baumgarnter as the captain, there is also another junior captain: Jamen Mccabe. They are the two team captains who work with each other for the sake of their team  along with the coaches.The two head coaches are Coach Sabo and Coach Keagy. 

“Garrett is an amazing team leader, who really helps encourage the team and helps me as a freshman, look up to him and all of the team seeing where success can be made,” freshman Samuel Kessinger said.

“We are not just in it for the wins, it is for the bonds shared with the team, as well as the amazing memories made,” Baumgartner said.