Want to play video games in school?

Kade Sell, Contributor

Ever been in the mood to play video games in school?

The book “Otherworld” by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller is a great way for students/readers to engage with the online virtual reality world in book form and in school! 

In an unknown location, the main character Simon gets an opportunity to play a brand new virtual reality game called “Otherworld.” This is where the journey begins for Simon and his best friend Kat on an adventure to set off and explore the virtual reality world. Eventually coming out of the game only to find out something has gone horribly wrong. Finding out Kat is tragically ill and in a hospital bed. Curious as to what has happened, Simon sets off on his own, curious as to what has happened moving on to figure out what really is happening….

This is a great book to read because it almost feels as if you’re actually in the book. It’s one of the books where you find out some of the important things before the characters, and it’s almost like you’re trying to tell the characters what to do even though you know they can’t hear you. With a pretty annoying ending, it’s still one of the best books I’ve read in awhile

The book is told Simon’s way. In this way, it gives you the best experience. It almost lets you rewrite the situation. If you don’t know what I mean by this, what I’m saying is that when reading you can almost pause and write the part of the story in your head. This is one of my favorite books, and I very much suggest you read it!!

It is part of a series as well, so the fun doesn’t have to end.