ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 17, 2021

Attention students:  Our second Astronomy Club meeting will be held in the back of the AAHS Auditorium on Tuesday, after school from 2:50-3:30PM.

We will accept nominations for club officers, and talk about upcoming events, including “Haunted Fort Roberdeau” in October.  Permission slips will be available for our first after-school pizza party.  Hope to see you there!

Attention students:  The Homecoming Dance will be held on Wednesday, September 29th from 7-9:30 PM in the High School Fieldhouse.  Tickets are $5 each for any AAHS student.  Tickets will be sold in the fieldhouse and auditorium from 7:15-7:40 AM on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of Homecoming week.  Tickets can also be purchased at the door.  You need a school ID or hall pass to purchase a ticket AND enter the dance.

Attention all students:  If you would like to practice mindfulness before school, please see Mrs. Lucas in the library for a pass.

Attention all students:  Now is a great time to order your yearbook for two reasons:

1. You get $10 off the regular price of the book
  2. You can choose up to 4 free personalized icons printed on the front cover

Go to Jostensyearbooks.com and order by September 24th to take advantage of this great offer.

Attention Juniors:  It is time for junior class election.  If you are interested in running for junior class president, vice president, secretary, or treasurer, please stop by room A305 to pick up an application.  Applications are due back to Mrs. Harris by Wednesday, September 22.  The election will take place Tuesday, September 28.

Are you interested in a career in Human Services, Education or Hospitality?  Are you looking for leadership opportunities?  If yes, then FCCLA, Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America, may be for you.  Join us today after school in room A335 to learn about how you can become involved.  If you have any questions, contact 

Mrs. Trumpbour in A335.

Attention Seniors:  The Elks National Foundation is offering scholarships to seniors.  For more information visit the website at enf.elks.org/MVS for complete details.  Deadine is November 15.  

Attention students:  A representative from La Roche will be set up during lunches today,  Friday, September 17 from 11:00 till 12:30.  Please feel free to visit the table to get more information about La Roche.

Attention students:  A representative from Clarion University will be set up during lunches on Tuesday September 21.  Please stop by their table if you are interested in getting more information about this college.  

Attention students:  A representative from St. Mary’s University will be set up during lunches on Wednesday September 22.  Please stop by their table for more information.

Attention students:  A representative from Cal U will be set up during lunches on Thursday September 23.  Please stop by their table for more information. 

Attention 11th graders:

The Preliminary SAT is a great tool for 11th-grade students considering college. The PSAT measures critical reading skills, math problem-solving skills and writing skills. Altoona Area Senior HS recommends that juniors take the PSAT in order to receive feedback about strengths and weaknesses and to help prepare for the SAT.

For the 2021 PSAT, students at Altoona Area Senior HS will be registering online. This registration will take a few minutes and can be completed from any computer with internet access.

Online Exam registration will begin on Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 5:00 PM and end on Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 11:59 PM. In order to register, students should visit www.TotalRegistration.net/PSAT/390055

To complete registration, students must answer all of the required questions. Registration is not complete until students have printed the pdf of the confirmation page that is provided at the end.

Altoona Area Senior HS is excited to offer families the convenience of paying exam fees online at the time of registration. Please be sure to have a debit or credit card available before beginning registration. Paying online is a great way to make sure that payment has been made while avoiding mailing payment.

Here are the important dates for the registration process:

• Thu, Sep 2, 2021 at 5:00 PM – Registration Begins
  • Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 12:01 AM – Registrations and payments after this date will incur a $5 late fee.
  • Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 11:59 PM – Registration Ends
  • Tue, Oct 12, 2021 – Registrations that have not been paid for will be canceled and exams will not be ordered.

Please contact Mrs. Keri Harrington, [email protected] if you have questions.