Dont+drink+and+drive%21%0AThe+S.A.D.D.+club+focuses+on+preventing+high+school+students+from+making+destructive+decisions+that+could+have+a+long-lasting+effect.+Drinking+and+driving+is+one+of+the+many+issues+this+club+is+against.+

Sydney Wilfong

Don’t drink and drive! The S.A.D.D. club focuses on preventing high school students from making destructive decisions that could have a long-lasting effect. Drinking and driving is one of the many issues this club is against.

S.A.D.D. prepares for Red Ribbon Week

October 11, 2018

Students Against Destructive Decisions, S.A.D.D., is a club that meets once a month to discuss ideas for upcoming events.

S.A.D.D.’s purpose is “to make students aware of surrounding yourself with positive people and making good decisions in life,” club’s adviser Julie Schmokesaid. Schmoke has been the club advisor for four years.

This month, S.A.D.D. will discuss plans for Red Ribbon Week. During this week long event, which is from Oct. 22 to the 26, S.A.D.D. will distribute lollipops and wristbands for those who are against destructive decisions. Members of the club will sign an oath to make positive choices in life. Student members will take the oath papers and form them together to make a link for display on the bridge.

Meetings for S.A.D.D. are in room A202. Contact Schmoke at [email protected] for more information.