Ski club starts in January

Minya Strobel

The director of Ski Club is located in room B323. If he is not available in his room reach him at [email protected]

Minya Strobel, Reporter

Dave McCarter runs ski club during the winter months. Ski club is about having fun and skiing or snowboarding with friends. 

“Ski Club is  a fun way to exercise when it is too cold for other sports,” McCarter said.

Blue Knob offers lessons for beginners. Equipment such as skis, poles, snowboards, helmets and boots can be rented at Blue Knob if participants do not own equipment. The prices for ski club are reduced since they borrow equipment as a large group. Blue Knob and the buses must be pre-paid, therefore the money orders have to be turned in before the trips start.

“Everyone asks me what I have planned for the trip this year, but we just go to a mountain and ski,” McCarter said.

The trips are always planned on Thursdays. As of now, the trips are planned for Jan. 5, 12, 19 and 26. If the weather is bad and a trip gets delayed, it will be made up the following Thursday. The group meets in the AAHS Field house and leaves at 3:10 p.m.  They return to the field house at approximately 9:00 p.m.

Around Thanksgiving, the Ski Club forms will be available in the counselor’s office. All completed forms must be turned in to McCarter in room B207 by December. The club is first come, first serve, ergo the first students to turn in forms will be the first claim bus space.  The bus space is limited, but due to price concerns, the buses have to be filled.

If students have questions, they should visit McCarter in room B207 or email him at [email protected].