FLC to hold celebration of Asia field trip

Sign up for the celebration of Asia field trip before its too late. Email Veronica Skomra at vskomra@altoonasd.com for more information or questions pertaining to the trip.

Eli Peteuil

Sign up for the celebration of Asia field trip before it’s too late. Email Veronica Skomra at [email protected] for more information or questions pertaining to the trip.

Eli Peteuil, Reporter

The celebration of Asia field trip will take place on Tuesday, Nov. 16 at the Juniata College Campus, from 8:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. The trip will include activities such as local art and crafts, folk and fairy tales, language and writing systems, cultural food and traditions and campus photo adventure. Students will meet and learn from individuals across Asia, including India, China, Japan and Korea. The trip is free to attend and is hosted by Language in Motion and Juniata College Professors and Students. 

“I’m really excited for this trip,” junior Paris Lawson said. “This will be the Foreign Language Club’s field trip of the year and only my second one because of COVID-19 and being online last year. Cultural festivals are always a lot of fun, so I’m sure this one will be a great day with everyone who attends.” 

According to the Foreign Language Club, this will be a fun filled day for all involved, and a great learning experience. They look forward to seeing members there and to enjoy this free field trip.