Tanzi joins Horseshoe yearbook staff as freshmen, shows interest in design

Landen Fisher, Guest Writer

Yearbooks are considered by many to be an excellent documentation of the memories of a school year.  From sports records to the dreaded high school picture, this book contains a summary of a school’s life.  However, few people have either admired the effort put into these time capsules or appreciated those who worked diligently on them.  

Sophomore Haley Tanzi is one of a sizable multitude of people who understands the labor needed to develop this type of work.  Why? Well, she works for the Horseshoe yearbook staff.  She has been doing yearbook related works for quite some time, too.

“I was part of yearbook in eighth grade at the junior high. I really liked it, and I thought I would just go for it.I decided to start doing designing,” Tanzi said.  

For Tanzi to be willing to assist in developing the yearbook, implies that there is something about it she enjoys.

“For yearbook, I love doing design; so stuff like that,” Tanzi said. “Deadlines [are the most difficult], because you always have to be on time.  You can’t have a setback or anything.” 

Although deadlines are the most challenging aspect, they are not necessarily the cardinal aspect.

“Being able to have so many people that can help you with your work and being able to do it.  Because if there were, say, three people on the staff, you wouldn’t have many people to refer to for stuff,” Tanzi said.

Despite what Tanzi considered challenges, it is evident that yearbook design is her passion.