ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2021

Attention Student Council members:  We have a meeting Thursday, December 2nd at 7 AM in the Theater common.

Attention Students!  If you would like to get involved with this spring’s musical, NEWSIES, come to the next Drama Club meeting Thursday, December 2nd from 2:50-3:30 in the auditorium.  This is for anyone that wants to get involved onstage acting or backstage with sets, costumes, props or tech.  If you can’t make the meeting, see Mr. Cossitor in B129.

Attention Astronomy Club:  There will be a brief club meeting in the Planetarium today from 2:50-3:20 PM after school.  We will review our last field trip and holiday sky shows, and pass out permission slips for the club rollerskating Christmas party.  Our holiday trivia challenge will take place at the party, so today’s meeting will just be a regular half-hour event.  Hope to see you there!

Attention Students: Did you know that AAHS has peer tutoring available? Our peer tutors are available for almost every subject area. It is easy to sign up. Simply contact your counselor or complete a simple Google Form! (https://forms.gle/TL6r1m5JRdv6686L6) Within a few days, you will be matched with an available tutor. YOU MUST CHECK YOUR EMAIL. Your tutor will contact you through email to set up a time/place (including virtual) that works for both of you.

Attention Sophomores:  Any tenth grade student interested in attending a leadership workshop is encouraged to sign up to interview for the nationally renowned Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Seminar.  Deadline to sign up is Friday, December 3.  Please email Mrs. Anderson at [email protected] if interested or you can sign up in the counseling office. Students could earn college scholarships for being selected to attend this conference.  The seminar is planning to be IN PERSON this year! Our school can send one representative.  The cost to attend is $225. Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity. Feel free to visit www.hoby.org for more information. 

Attention Students:  A representative from Mount Aloysius College will be set up during lunches on Friday, December 3rd.  Please stop by the table if you are interested in receiving more information.

Attention Students:  UPMC Altoona Family Physicians is offering an essay contest for students grades 10 through 12.  Please stop by the counseling office to get the information needed if you are interested in doing this.  DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 6.

Attention Seniors:  Please stop by the counseling office scholarship area for information on available scholarships offered through www.StudentScholarships.org.  Please be aware of the variety of deadlines.