ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR FRIDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2021

Attention Students:  Provine Studios will be here on Tuesday, December 7th for school picture retakes.  If you did not have your school picture taken or are not happy with your picture, please sign up in the Main Office for a retake.

Attention Students:  In preparation for the December break, we hope everyone will participate in the Student Council Holiday Theme Dress Days.  Holiday Dress Days will be every Tuesday starting December 7th.  Let’s kick off the 1st week with a friendly competition:

Grades 9th and 11th will dress in red representing Santa

Grades 10th and 12th will dress in green representing the Grinch

Attention Sophomores:  Any 10th grade student interested in attending a leadership workshop is encouraged to sign up to interview for the nationally renowned Hugh O’Brian Youth Leadership Seminar.  Today is the deadline to sign up.  Please email 

Mrs. Anderson at [email protected] if interested or you can sign up in the counseling office. Students could earn college scholarships for being selected to attend this conference.  The seminar is planning to be IN PERSON this year! Our school can send one representative.  The cost to attend is $225. Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity. Feel free to visit www.hoby.org for more information. 

Attention Students:  A representative from Mount Aloysius College will be set up today during lunches.  Please stop by the table if you are interested in receiving more information.

Attention Students:  UPMC Altoona Family Physicians is offering an essay contest for students grades 10 through 12.  Please stop by the counseling office to get the information needed if you are interested in doing this.  DEADLINE IS DECEMBER 6.

Attention Seniors:  Applications are now available for the Bud Lutty Scholarship.  Please stop by guidance to pick up the Preliminary Scholarship Application and a listing of the employers that contribute to the fund.  Students who are either employees or dependents of employees of these contributing employers are eligible to apply for this scholarship.  Completed applications must be mailed to the address on the application.  Application deadline is December 31st.