Morgan+Ainsworth

Morgan Ainsworth

Q: Where did you go to high school and could you describe your high school experience

A: [I went to] Altoona. It was great; I was involved in multiple sports and clubs.

Q: What brought you to Altoona to teach?

A: The atmosphere of the special education department and coaching. 

Q: What inspired you to become a teacher?

A: My previous experience and working with children.

Q: Who has been the most help to you as you have started this new job?

A: [I would say] Travis Young 

Q: Why did you choose to teach high school students?

A: Mainly just because I wanted to help wherever I could with any age. It just so happened to be that it was high school, which is great; I love all ages. 

Q: How has the school year gone for you?

A: It was challenging in the beginning, just being a new teacher and in a new environment. But as the year has gone on, it’s been a lot better, so it’s a really good experience.

Q: What were you doing before you came to teach here?

A: I was a behavioral health technician. It was definitely exhilarating and eventful. I gained a lot of experience in the psychology wards plus just working with kids with special needs within that setting of having a lot of psychiatric background and then moving it to working with behavioral health kids and autistic children. And that’s what led me to get my graduate degree in special education.

Q: How would you describe your classroom?

A: [It is] fun, eventful and at times it can be challenging, but it’s rewarding.

Q: What do you want your students to take away from your teaching besides the actual content you’re teaching?

A: Just because they have a diagnosis doesn’t mean that they aren’t part of a bigger picture.

Q: What are your top three things to accomplish by the end of the school year? 

A: Have a good school year, be able to learn from my mentor and the other teachers and special education and just help my kids wherever and whenever they need it. 

Mountain Echo • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in