No books should be banned

Abigail Rudy, Guest Reporter

In schools so many books are banned because the material is considered to be ‘sexually explicit’ and for the books to use ‘offensive language’. Some books were too mature for the readers. But in reality all of those books that were banned from classrooms and schools are because they showed too much of the real world. 

Books should not be banned. All books should be able to be read no matter what they are about. They are trying to teach or show teens all the different things that could happen.

The book “Thirteen Reasons Why” is a book that is banned in classrooms. The reason of that is because the book contains teen suicide, rape, sexual assault, drug and other topics. Now some kids should not be able to read it because they might not be mature enough for it. But other mature teenagers should have every right to read this book because those things happen in the world that we live in today. Different books fit different readers. In a high school classroom there should be books that are allowed to be read by these ages of the students. 

These people who are banning these books are hiding the truth of the world away from the kids. In most cases, teenagers should see the world as all nice and butterflies, but when they grow up they have to understand the world is not always nice. These books will teach the teenagers about a lot of different things in this world, but they can’t learn it if the books are banned in the classrooms. 

Most teenagers will do their reading in classrooms but the banned books aren’t allowed at school. The teenagers aren’t able to read them. All of the books should be unbanned and just have a warning on them and saying what age it should be read at. It should also include a warning about what’s all in the story. 

Books are keys to a whole other world. They open up people’s minds and let them read many stories. Books are a key to life, and we need to be able to read all books anywhere and anytime. No book should be banned ever for any reason. There is no good reason to ban a book. There are things people don’t like about the books that get them banned. But that shouldn’t matter and everyone should have a chance to read all the books that they want to.