Mock Investor Panel comes to auditorium

Danielle Bardelang, Reporter

On March 8, The Young Entrepreneurs Academy Mock Investor Panel took place in the auditorium.  

YEA! creates an environment for students to fulfill their own American dream and own their own business. Students are guided by instructors, entrepreneurs, mentors and guest lecturers that help brainstorm ideas, create business plans, register and launch their  own business. 

Although no Altoona students took place in this event, students from neighboring schools came to take part in the Mock Investor Panel. 

“I found out through my marketing teacher at school. She said it was really good for resumes,” Hollidaysburg senior Ashlyn Brown said. 

The YEA! program is open to students in grades six through twelve that are between 11 and 18 years old. There is an application process that includes an essay, short-answer questions, school transcripts and letter of recommendation. After the application is received, students may be called in to attend an in-person interview. 

Winners of the Mock Investor Panel can earn money to contribute toward their business and the upbringing of it. 

“We plan to buy a heat press and other materials needed for our business,” Brown said. 

The Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA) was founded at the University of Rochester in 2004. YEA! has allowed for over 6,000 students nationwide to launch businesses and social movements. For more information visit the Young Entrepreneurs Academy website