Freshman begins high school track career

Emma McCloskey, Guest Reporter

Freshman Anna Resig is a member of the track team and also was a member of the cross country team earlier this year. As a freshman, this was her first year on both teams.

Resig decided to join cross country after hearing about it on the announcements. She and her cousin had some friends who were already involved, and she decided to give it a shot. After joining cross country, she decided she wanted to sign up for track. 

“Running cross country definitely made track easier distance wise. If I hadn’t joined cross country first then my times wouldn’t be where they are now, and I probably wouldn’t be able to run the distances we are required to run,” Resig said.

Resig found a difference in being on the team as a freshman because the older girls had more experience.

“I ended up making a lot of friends on both teams. Ashley Carini, Micheala Etters, Madison Cowfer, Reece Wilber, Mackenzie Kelley, Eva Drumm, Makilee Woomer, Alana Rinehart, Mary Stoltz, Emma Betwy and many more,” Resig said.

Resig enjoys spending time with her friends and seeing them improve together. 

“Cross country is definitely harder than track because cross country you are running a further distance and you are also running through the woods and up and down hills and running through the woods and grass fields while track you are running on an even level and a harder surface,” Resig said.

Resig’s best achievement in cross country is her personal PR which is under 30 minutes. 

“If you want to join, I’d say go for it. I mean it’s going to be hard at first, but it will get easier and it’s a lot of fun,” Resig said.

Resig has made so many new friends and has learned so much since joining cross country. She will definitely be joining cross country and track next year.