Announcements for May 10, 2022

Attention Student Council members: We are having our final meeting of the school year this
Thursday, May 12 th , at 7AM in the back of the auditorium. Please plan to attend as we will be
discussing end-of-the-year activities and recognizing our senior officers.

Attention FLC Members: Please attend our end-of-the-year shindig tomorrow from 2:50 to
approximately 4:15 PM. This is our last get-together as a club for this school year. Club
officers for next year will be announced during this time.

Attention freshmen, sophomores, and juniors:
Do you have an interest in pursuing a career in business or even owning a business of your
own one day?  Maybe you already run a small business outside of school.  If so, this is the
opportunity for you!  The Young Entrepreneurs Academy is accepting applications for its
2022-2023 cohort, and Mrs. Harrington would like to encourage you to apply!  The students
who are selected into this group work individually or with a small group of friends to develop a
business of their own and seek investments from local business leaders to put the plan into
action.  Last year, AAHS student Riley Whitaker won the competition, and this year a
partnership from Hollidaysburg High School won the honor.  Altoona Area School District has
committed to offer four scholarships for students who are selected.  Dual-enrollment is also
available.  If you would like more information on the program and how to apply, please attend
a brief informational meeting on Thursday, May 12 th , during sixth period in the back of the
auditorium.  You may also stop by Mrs. Harrington’s office anytime to pick up the information.