Announcements for May 12, 2022

Hey AAHS! This Friday the 13 th is a not-so-scary HAWAIIAN dress up theme sponsored by the
Maniacs. Let’s have some fun before finals and Keystones! Dress in your favorite HAWAIIAN
shirts. Flip flops and beach head gear are allowed. Stay in the dress code and HANG LOOSE!

Attention freshmen, sophomores, and juniors:
Do you have an interest in pursuing a career in business or even owning a business of your
own one day?  Maybe you already run a small business outside of school.  If so, this is the
opportunity for you!  The Young Entrepreneurs Academy is accepting applications for its
2022-2023 cohort, and Mrs. Harrington would like to encourage you to apply!  The students
who are selected into this group work individually or with a small group of friends to develop a
business of their own and seek investments from local business leaders to put the plan into
action.  Last year, AAHS student Riley Whitaker won the competition, and this year a
partnership from Hollidaysburg High School won the honor.  Altoona Area School District has
committed to offer four scholarships for students who are selected.  Dual-enrollment is also
available.  If you would like more information on the program and how to apply, please attend
a brief informational meeting on Thursday, May 12 th , during sixth period in the back of the
auditorium.  You may also stop by Mrs. Harrington’s office anytime to pick up the information.

Attention Seniors: Applications for the Zachary Peterman Memorial Scholarship are now
available on our website. You must be planning on pursuing a career in education to apply for
this scholarship. Deadline is May 23 rd .

Attention Seniors: Applications for the Robert Lebendig Scholarship are now available outside
the counseling office. Completed applications are to be mailed to the address listed by
May 16 th .