Announcements for 9/21

Attention students interested in joining the Mock Trial team: We will be holding our second
organizational meeting on Monday, September 26 th , from 3-4 PM. Please meet in Mrs. Negri’s
room, B311, after school.

Attention Seniors: A representative from the Army will be here during lunches today,
September 21 st . Please stop by the table for more information.

Attention Seniors: A representative from Westminster College will be here during lunches on
Thursday, September 22 nd . Please stop by the table for more information.

Hello Juniors! The deadline for returning the Career Shadowing paperwork has been
extended until the end of the school day tomorrow, September 22 nd . You can turn in
completed paperwork to the Guidance Office. Don’t miss out on this opportunity!

Attention Freshmen: SOAR applications are due this Friday, September 23 rd . Please drop off
your completed application and essay to Mrs. Dumm in B120.

Attention Senior National Honor Society Members: There will be a mandatory meeting in
room B120 on Monday, September 26 th from 2:45 PM to 3:15 PM. Please be on time.

Attention Students interested in joining SADD, Students Against Destructive Decisions: There
will be a meeting on September 28 th in the “A” building, first floor outside the girls’ locker
room. The meeting will be right after school and last approximately 15 minutes. If you have
any questions, please email Mrs. Schmoke at [email protected].

Attention Astronomy Club! Our Haunted Fort Roberdeau planning field trip is this Thursday
after school. Students may hang out in the Planetarium until the bus arrives at 4:00 PM. If
you leave to get food, you are not Mr. Krug’s responsibility! Please bring a jacket and
comfortable shoes. Hot dogs, mountain pies, snacks, and drinks will be provided, but you may
bring your own as well. The bus will return to school by 8:00 PM. Hope to see you there!

Attention Juniors: The PSAT will be held on Wednesday, October 12 th , 2022. The PSAT
measures critical reading, math and writing skills and is an important test for any junior
considering college in the future. The cost is $20. Late registration will be accepted until
October 8 th and will cost an additional $5. The first 100 students to register will be eligible to
test. Register at Total Registration. More information is in an email to parents from Mr.
Neely. Any questions? Contact Mr. Balough, Mrs. Johannides or Mrs. Yahner.

Dear Seniors and Juniors,
If you are over 16 years of age and would like to take the ASVAB on Tuesday, October 4th,
please refer to the email that Mr. Neely sent to you on September 16th. The link to sign up is
on this email. Deadline to sign up is Wednesday, September 28th. The Armed Services
Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) can help you take steps toward finding a career that is
right for you. You can benefit from taking the exam whether you plan to pursue further
education after high school, join the military or join the workforce. The exam will begin
promptly at 8:00 am in the back of the auditorium. You must sign up via the link from
Mr. Neely's email to ensure that there is an exam for you. More information about the ASVAB
can be found in the counseling office. Please see your school counselor if you have any
questions.

Attention Seniors: Have you ordered your yearbook yet? Any senior who orders a book
during the month of September will be entered into a drawing for 2023 graduation gear like
hoodies, water bottles, and bags. Just go to yearbookordercenter.com and use #13180.

AAHS Juniors & Seniors taking the S.A.T. this Fall
*It is Week #5 on Mr. Spayd’s S.A.T. Math Google Classroom Site. The Math Practice Quiz and
Answer Key are downloaded and waiting to be completed. *For those taking the November
5th S.A.T., October 7th is the last day to register with College Board without a late-fee.
*Anyone interested in improving their SAT score is encouraged to join this Google Classroom.
Join the 65 students who are already participating.
Access Code: 2 u f 5 6 p d
Stop by B213 or email [email protected] if you have any questions.