Special+education+teacher+Tara+Gray+joins+the+staff+for+the+2022-23+school+year.+Gray+plans+to+continue+teaching+here+for+years+to+come.+

Courtesy of Tara Gray

Special education teacher Tara Gray joins the staff for the 2022-23 school year. Gray plans to continue teaching here for years to come.

Tara Gray

Q. What is the best advice you’ve been given about teaching?

A. It will get easier. Make sure that you always show that you are happy to see the students and remain positive. Attitude is contagious.

Q. What made you choose to teach at AAHS?

A. Definitely the atmosphere.

Q. When was the moment you realized you wanted to be a teacher?

A. My mom was a teacher. I remember going into her classroom after school to help check papers, and play “teacher”. I have always loved working with children and helping them succeed.

Q. What is your favorite part of teaching so far? Why?

A. Definitely the atmosphere here. Everyone is so friendly and positive. I love meeting all of the new students and faculty.

Q. Who inspired you to become a teacher?

A. My mom.

Q. What college did you go to?

A. Pennsylvania Highlands Community College for my associate’s degree in teacher education and Saint Francis University for my Bachelor of Science in Special Education and Elementary Education.

Q. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?

A. I enjoy spending my free time with my four boys. I have a 20, 19, 13 and a 7 year old.

Q. Why did you choose the subject that you are teaching? 

A. I did not choose the subject biology. I love my role as a special education teacher. My favorite quote is: “Every student can learn, just not on the same day or in the same way.” As a student, I know I tend to get nervous for the first weeks of school.

Q: As a teacher in a new school, do you feel that sense of nervousness you once felt as a student? 

A: Most definitely!

Q. Is there something you would want to do during your teaching career? Ex: coaching a sport, head of a club etc.

A. I am always looking for ways to become involved. My son and I are volunteering for the Homecoming festivities. Should be fun!

Mountain Echo • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in