Sophomore loves taking pics 

Madison Miller

Introduction to Publication students designed magazine covers to feature journalism students. Izayah Little designed this cover to feature Madison Miller.

Sophomore Madalyn Miller  loves photography. Ever since she was a little girl, she has always loved taking photos.  Her love for photography is endless; she spends a lot of her spare time photographing things that interest her.  

“I love to photograph big statements and moments in people’s lives and things that they will always remember and bring back good memories,” Miller said. “Big moments in people’s lives are important, and the feeling they have in the moment will last with them forever. Capturing photos in these moments would be a special thing so that they can always look back and see them.” 

Outside of photography Miller has other interests. 

“I like to write about things that promote other things, ” Miller said. “I’m writing an article on concessions and how they help the band.” 

Miller has been a writer ever since she was in elementary school. She is currently a member of the Mountain Echo team and has many stories published on their site. 

“I always thought I was a good writer because when I feel strong about a topic, the words are easier to come out with,” Miller said. 

She is involved in many school activities.

“I am in orchestra, sophomore executive committee, newspaper, yearbook and drama,” Miller said. 

Her schedule is packed filled all week long being involved in all these activities. Her only spare free times comes on the weekends. 

“It’s a struggle because I have band three days a week and then I have drama two days a week. And then violin lessons on Wednesday. So as soon as I get home, I have to do my homework. It takes a lot of time, so you really have to manage it wisely. And there’s really no free time in my life, except for weekends,” Miller said.  

Being involved in many extracurricular activities can be a hassle, but there are many ways to help. 

“I would say be productive. And don’t procrastinate because procrastinating gets you nowhere, and it just adds more stress on to all the things you have to do,” Miller said. 

Miller has great passion in everything that she loves.