Announcements for 1/18

Come on, come on, put your dance shoes on
It’s Thursday night and the SnowBall’s on
Join us at the Fieldhouse on Thursday, 1/26 from 6-8:30
$5 tickets will be sold from 1/19-1/26

Attention Juniors: A reminder to return all completed junior physical forms to the nurses’
office. If you have any questions, stop down and see either Mrs. Weidlich or Mrs. Dibert.

AAHS Juniors taking the S.A.T. this Spring: Mr. Spayd’s S.A.T. Math Google Classroom Site is
up and running for the Spring – Week #2 Practice is available. A Math Practice Quiz and
Answer Key will be downloaded each week for the next 11 weeks; along with other important
information about the S.A.T. and College Board. Do not delay in joining since the first S.A.T. of
2023 is March 11th, with a Registration Deadline of February 10th. Anyone interested in
improving their SAT score is encouraged to join. To join please use the following access code:

2 u f 5 6 p d

Stop by B213 or email [email protected] if you have any questions.

Attention Freshmen: Stop by room B130 to check your name spelling and school portrait for
the school yearbook. Pages are hanging outside the room. Any problems must be reported to
Mrs. Vanish by the end of the school day today to be corrected.

Attention Friends of Rachel: The next meeting will be held during 7 th period on Thursday in
the open cafeteria. Please pick up your pass in the library.

Seniors, are you planning a career in a Healthcare-focused field? If so, you will want to stop
by the guidance office to pick up some information on applying for PHN Charitable Foundation
Scholarships. Deadline is March 31 st .

Have you applied yet to Upward Bound?  There are still spots available if you think college is
in your future.  Let us work with you and the guidance office to help you make that
decision.  Upward Bound is currently accepting applications to select 60 Altoona High School
students to participate in this exciting new program.  If you attended the Upward Bound
presentation last year, or met with Mickey Bellet in the conference room, you already know
about UB’s college visits, tutoring assistance, stipends, summer programming, and meeting
students from other UB high schools.  Here’s another chance for you to take advantage of
this FREE opportunity. Did you forget about the graphing calculator incentive to apply?  Do
you want to be included in our next drawing?  Anyone who submits a UB application by the
end of the month will be included in the calculator pool!  The winner will be selected from
those students who apply – or have applied – between now and January 31. Don’t miss out.
Stop into the guidance office to pick up a paper application, or use the Upward Bound flyers
QR code to apply on line.

Anyone with information regarding Mickey Nedimyer’s whereabouts is asked to contact
Detective Wilson at the Altoona Police Department. Mickey has been missing for many weeks
and we are requesting any information that may lead to finding him.