“I’m In”

In this blog, reporter Melissa Krainer will showcase students making their college choices.

Melissa Krainer

Senior Kylianna Sipes plans to attend college after high school.

Melissa Krainer, Reporter

After graduation, senior Kylianna Sipes plans to attend Shippensburg University. In this senior blog, Sipes discusses her future ambitions.

Q: What college will you be attending?

A: I’ll be attending Shippensburg.

Q: What are you planning on studying or majoring in?

A: I plan to get a bachelor’s in science, but I want to further my education and go either towards optometry or veterinary studies.

Q: Why did you decide to go to Shippensburg?

A: I know somebody else who’s going there, and I attended the open house. It looked pretty nice. I feel like I would do well there. The college really feels like me.

Q: Is there something specific that you’re looking forward to?

A: I am definitely looking forward to the clubs and the students there. I already met a couple people. They’re really nice. I already have a roommate. I’m definitely looking towards decorating my dorm. I’m also excited because we get to go out into the field, and we get to visit swamps and study animals there. There’s also a farm there where we can take care of cows and chickens.

Q: Is there a specific club that you’re looking forward to be part of?

A: I want to go into cheerleading or dance if they have it and maybe majorettes. I’m considering also continuing chorus when I’m in college.

Q: What other colleges were you considering?

A: I was considering Wilson because they have the pre-vet program there and also IUP.

Q: What is something that intimidates you about college?

A: There isn’t much that intimidates me. I’m pretty confident in it. I feel like I might be missing something, like there’s going to be a fee that I missed or something that I wasn’t told about. I feel like I may get scammed.

Q: And what do you think will be the biggest change from high school to college?

A: It’s like two hours away, so it’s going to be an entirely new town and new people. I met who would be my teacher and it doesn’t really feel like a big change from high school. I know studying will be a lot harder and a lot faster.

Q: How do you feel about senior year ending?

A: I kind of regret not coming here sooner. I was in ACA for a couple years. So I missed out on a lot.