Announcements for 3/15

Join Earthkeepers Club in celebrating the last school day of winter! Pay $1 at lunch collection
tables for your green permission slip to wear school appropriate PJs this Friday! All proceeds
benefit the Earthkeepers Club. Enjoy the last hibernation day on Friday.

Attention Juniors: The deadline for turning in School-to-Career applications has been
extended to Friday, March 17 th . You can pick up applications for STC in the guidance office or
Mr. Klausman’s room (A227). Completed applications can be turned in to Mr. Klausman
(A227) by the deadline.

Attention students: There will be a short Astronomy Club meeting this Friday after school
from 2:45-3:00PM, only for club members attending the joint field trip with FLC to the
Carnegie Science Center in Pittsburgh on Thursday, March 23rd. Please attend so that next
week’s field trip can go as smoothly as possible! Think Astronomy.

Attention Seniors: A representative from the Army will be here on Wednesday, March 15 th
during lunch periods. If you have an interest in joining the service be sure to stop by.

Attention all students: A representative from the Career and Technology Center will be
visiting our school on Thursday, March 16 th during lunches. Please stop by for information
which may help you decide if you would like to attend the CTC next year.

Grab your piggy bank and drop some pennies! This week any student or faculty member can
donate an endless amount of money to the “Pennies for Pets” fundraiser! Students can vote
for their favorite dog or cat from the Central Pa Humane Society as they are pictured on jars
during each lunch period and before school. Every coin donated will go straight to helping
the humane society with the endless costs of our furry friends. If you choose to donate $1 or
more, write your name on a paw to be hung on the bridge! As the totals add up, see how
much your pet of choice earns using the daily total meter before a check is presented to our
local Humane Society! This is the time to donate to a sweet cause and make a pet’s life even
more special. Don’t forget your donations all this week as you change lives one paw at a
time!

Attention Sophomores: Any tenth grade student interested in attending a leadership
workshop is encouraged to sign up to interview for the nationally renowned Hugh O’Brian
Youth Leadership Seminar.  Deadline to sign up is Monday, March 20. Please email
Mrs. Anderson at [email protected] if interested. Students could earn college
scholarships for being selected to attend this conference.  The seminar this year is June 16-18
at Washington and Jefferson College. Our school can send one representative.  The cost to
attend is $225. Don’t miss this wonderful opportunity. Feel free to visit www.hoby.org for
more information.

Attention Seniors: There are two new scholarship opportunities due THIS THURSDAY! First,
The Brian Morden Memorial Scholarship is designed for students who have a love of music and
a fascination with technology or medicine. Or, if your course of study is in education,
communications or medicine and you have participated in school athletics and volunteer work,
then you will want to stop by for the Erin Dodson Memorial Scholarship aclpplication. Once
again, you will need to have applications turned in to the Guidance Office by Thursday,
March 16 th by 3 PM.

Attention Seniors: Deadlines are fast approaching for the Gioiosa and White Scholarship
applications, due to the Guidance Office by March 17 th for track athletes, and the Rotary Club
applications are due by Monday, March 20 th at 3 PM. Other applications with deadlines by the
end of March are the Altoona Kiwanis for Penn State Altoona students, the Blair County Tea
Party, the Jaffa Shrine, PHN Charitable Foundation for Healthcare workers, and the Stephanie
Risban Scholarship for active duty or honorably discharged service members.