Prom, Afterglo 2023 guest forms now available

Prom is planned to last from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Afterglo from 11 p.m. to 3 a.m. Prom will be held at the Blair County Convention Center.

High school juniors, seniors and their guests now can buy tickets along with getting guest forms for prom; scheduled for May 19. Guests will be permitted to attend prom. Forms are found in the junior and senior assistant principals’ offices. Guests must either be in grades nine through 12 or under the age of 21. If the guest is a current student enrolled in another district; the student, the guest, parents/guardians and the guest’s administration must fill out the form. Guests who are no longer enrolled in high school must also have a guest form completed and also turn in proper background checks and child abuse clearances.

“I think being able to take guests to prom is something that many of our students are interested in doing. With many students knowing others from our neighboring school districts, it makes sense that they would be interested in bringing an outside guest to prom. In addition, many of our students are still friends with some of our recent graduates. The benefit is allowing our students to have fun with their friends and to enjoy this special night with those who they want to share it with. The risk is the potential of allowing someone in who may cause a disturbance in the evening,” Prom and Afterglo adviser Deidra Dumm said.

Completed guest forms and turned in to an assistant principal’s office no later than Friday, May 5. Additional information can be found on the guest form.