“I’m In”

In this blog, reporter Melissa Krainer will showcase students making their college choices.

Courtesy of Callista Farber

Senior Callista Farber plans to attend college after high school.

Melissa Krainer, Reporter

After graduation, senior Callista Farber plans to attend Moore College. In this senior blog, Farber discusses her plans for the future.

Q: What college will you be attending?

A: I will be attending Moore College of Art and Design.

Q: What are you planning on studying or majoring in?

A: Fashion design.

Q: Why did you decide to go to Moore college?

A: Well, initially I didn’t really know where I wanted to go. But I asked my art teacher, and she recommended a few colleges. I applied to all of them. There’s not really the go-to art school for people like me who want to go into fashion design. I chose Moore because it was going to be cheaper than the most expensive one out of the three. It’s also still pretty nice.

Q: Why do you think this college is the best choice for you? What specifically about the school interests you?

A: Well, it’s close to Altoona. It’s not super close, but it’s still in the state. It’s in a big city where I’ve always wanted to live and has super nice facilities. The school is really cool.

Q: What other colleges were you considering?

A: Albright University and Drexel University, both of which I got accepted into.

Q: Will you be participating in extracurricular activities or sports?

A: Not that I know of, as of right now. If they have any clubs, I might join a club or two when I get there.

Q: What are you most looking forward to in college?

A: The experience of it. I want to see how different it is to high school because people say that it’s drastically different. I just really want to meet new people and experience different types of learning.

Q: What is something that intimidates you about college?

A: Being three and a half hours away from my family in a city that I’ve literally never been to before.

Q: What do you think will be the biggest change from high school to college?

A: Definitely the schedule. Because, with high school, I have to wake up at 5:30 in the morning. With college, you don’t have to wake up at 5:30 if you don’t have a class that day or if you have later classes.

Q: How do you feel about senior year ending?

A: I’m not going to lie. I’m really excited. I’ve been waiting for this day since the first day of school.