“I’m In”

In this blog, reporter Melissa Krainer will showcase students making their college choices.

Courtesy of Annie Ketterman

Senior Annie Ketterman plans to attend college after high school.

Melissa Krainer, Reporter

After graduation, senior Annie Ketterman plans to attend Juniata College. In this senior blog, Ketterman discusses her future ambitions.

Q: What college will you be attending?

A: Juniata College.

Q: What are you planning on studying or majoring in?

A: Either biology or biology secondary education.

Q: Why did you decide to go to Juniata?

A: Because they gave me the best scholarships. Also, my counselor is really nice. He’s also the one that helped me sort out the problems with my FAFSA [Free Application for Federal Student Aid].

Q: Why do you think this college is the best choice for you? What about the school interests you?

A: The campus is gorgeous; the people there are really nice. Also, [Eric] Zolnak went there. The campus is really pretty. It isn’t all the people ever; it’s not like the entire world population. In all of the Penn State pictures, there are 50 people in the front line. [That amount of people] is terrifying.

Q: What other colleges were you considering?

A: Penn State.

Q: Will you be participating in extracurricular activities or sports?

A: I didn’t know that colleges have an orchestra. Now I’m excited, but I’m also terrified because I know there’s going to be 50 kids there that practice 10 hours a day. I’m not into all that. I’m not athletic, so for sports, absolutely not.

Q: What are you most looking forward to in college?

A: I’m excited to meet new people, but also I’m really scared, because every time I think about the fact that I’m going to graduate, I feel a bit nauseous—but in an excited way.

Q: What is something that intimidates you about college?

A: Finals and the new environment—it’s like going from middle school to high school, but scarier.

Q: What do you think will be the biggest change from high school to college?

A: It’s 45 minutes away. I’m scared. My family isn’t from here, so there’s nobody out there that I know. I know one other person that’s going to Juniata. I don’t really talk to her.

Q: How do you feel about senior year ending?

A: I’m scared, but I’m really excited.