Destiny Montgomery

This is the current Newswriting and Yearbook classroom. Introduction to Publications will be a new course offered to allow students the experience needed with photography, writing and all elements of publications before joining the Horseshoe or Mountain Echo staffs.

English department new electives

Sports in Literature and Media: semester, 0.5 credit

Heroes and Monsters in Literature and Media: semester, 0.5 credit

Modern Film and Culture: semester, 0.5 credit – Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors only

Young Adult Literature: semester, 0.5 credit

Literature and Psychology: semester, 0.5 credit

Introduction to Stagecraft: semester, 0.5 credit

Studio Theatre: year, 1.0 credit – Advanced Theatre Arts I or Drama Adviser Recommendation

Set Design: semester, 0.5 credit – Introduction to Stagecraft or Teacher Recommendation

Introduction to Publications: year, 1.0 credit

“I think that the new English electives are diverse enough that any student can find something of interest.  For the athletes and die-hard sports fans, Sports in Lit would be a great fit.  We are even looking to taking some field trips to such venues as the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, OH or to a Major League baseball park.  For the movie buffs, Modern Film and Culture offers the opportunity to view and discuss iconic films of the last 30 years.  Students who enjoy theater can expand their horizons in the new drama electives, and those that love young adult literature will find a home in either Young Adult Literature or Literature and Psychology.  Overall, we are putting together the type of diversity and specialization that many students will find at the college level when they begin to schedule,” English teacher Douglas Rosenberry said.

Mountain Echo • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in