Students share perspectives as in person instruction starts Nov. 12

Working+hard%21%0ASophomore+Morgan+Lardieri+works+hard+to+complete+her+assignments+for+her+classes.+Lardieri+works+from+her+bedroom+during+her+online+classes.++

Cassidy Klock

Working hard! Sophomore Morgan Lardieri works hard to complete her assignments for her classes. Lardieri works from her bedroom during her online classes.

Cassidy Klock, Reporter

Since March 13, schools all around the country have had to shut down due to COVID-19. The AASD is planning to reopen the school Nov, 12.

Some students have noticed within their time of online school that it is most definitely not for everyone. 

Online school has personally affected my grades in both a positive and negative way. Since I’m home I’m able to have more alone time giving me more time to study and actually focus on the work. However, since we aren’t in person we don’t have that face to face teaching which makes it a little harder to understand the concept of the lesson. So I would say my grades really depend on online school,” sophomore Morgan Lardieri said. 

Different students, on the other hand, have found it somewhat beneficial. 

“At the beginning of the year my grades were pretty hard to keep up, but once I got used to it I was okay. I feel like I have more freedom with online school seeing as I can work at my own pace,” junior Andan Clingerman said. 

Lots of students are very excited about the school reopening.

“I’m very excited about the school reopening because first off, I get to see all my friends again in person. But also, we have a whole new school to enjoy! I also miss having the teachers in person to help because I think it helps more than being online and having to wait for them to respond to my emails and what not,” freshman Hannah Vancas said.

Aside from all the students who are going back to school in person, others are deciding to stay home. 

“I’m deciding to stay home based off of the whole COVID situation. Many cases have been spread through Blair County and are progressively getting worse. Not to mention, I have other friends who attend other local schools in Blair County, and they have had multiple cases already by just going back to school in person. I feel as though it is safer for my health to stay home, but it is also safer for my family’s health considering that I see my grandparents often as well as other family members who have health issues and can’t handle COVID,” Lardieri said. 

Juniors and seniors will go to the school on Nov. 12. for an in person orientation and will have asynchronous classes on the thirteenth. Sophomores and freshmen will have asynchronous classes on the twelfth and go for an in person orientation on the thirteenth.