Cowfer adjusts to interviewing in age of Covid-19

Jaidyn Palladini, Guest Reporter

Since March 13, Covid has taken over and changed a lot of things including face to face learning which means that in person interviewing has become a challenge. Although students may not be together and interviewing, they have gmail and many other sources to get in contact with the people we need. 

For Sophomore Maddie Cowfer, who is a part of the  Mountain Lion, it has been a challenge but she got through it and decided to tell us a little about herself.

“Talking to other people while during interviews, being organized and being responsible with your deadlines is very important,” Cowfer said. 

These are some of the many skills reporter or news writers need. Cowfer started her career early.

“I was one of the people with the newspaper at the junior high. I really enjoyed it,” Cowfer said. 

She chose to be part of the “Mountain Echo” after being in the junior high “Livewire” in ninth grade. She joined “Livewire” in ninth grade and now that she is in tenth grade, she is now in the “Mountain Echo” for the high school.

“I run cross country as another sport outside of school, and this is my third year with the Altoona Cross Country Team. It is very different this year from past years because of Covid,” Cowfer said.

This is currently her third year running with the Lady Lion Cross Country Team.

“Last year after I had some experience being on a school newspaper is when I decided to be a part of this,” Cowfer said.  “My eighth grade English teacher Mr. O’Donnell gave me the interest.” 

Cowfer plans to stay on staff through her high school career.

“I enjoy working with Mrs. Vanish and the other writers,” Cowfer said.

Thanks to Wanda Vanish and the other writer’s this is something she decided she wanted to do.

“Yes, I like what I do,” Cowfer said.