Garwood’s Greatest Show

Emily-Grace Garwood – Drama Club 

Q: Why did you run for Homecoming candidate?

A: I decided to run for Homecoming candidate because I knew that I wanted to run as soon as I got to high school. I was part of a team last year and made some amazing memories, so I knew that I wanted to experience having a team and go through all of the activities of the week. 

Q: If you are chosen as the king or queen, how will you fulfill the responsibilities associated with the title?

A: If I am chosen as the Homecoming Royal, I plan to fulfill the responsibilities by demonstrating what it means to be a leader and to represent our school. I want to display what it means to be a Mountain Lion, and will advocate for AAHS and encourage our school community to support one another through these times. Whether that be attending concerts in the school, going to games, or even participating in something as simple as theme days, we all should come together to show our pride. 

Q: What is the best thing about Homecoming?

A: The best thing about Homecoming is the preparation. From planning outfits for theme days, to practicing the skit with your team, to designing team t-shirts and sashes, so many memories are made along the way. Every moment of preparation pays off the week of Homecoming, and it is so fun seeing everything come together. 

Q: What are your plans for the future? Which Colleges, if any, are you planning to go?

A: After graduation, I plan to attend Indiana University of Pennsylvania to major in early childhood and special education. I plan to start out as a preschool teacher, then eventually I one day hope to become an administrator at a daycare/preschool center. 

Q: Why should people vote for you?

I think that everyone running is deserving of votes in their own unique way. In my way, I feel that members of the student body should vote for me because I plan to continue to display my school pride and leadership in my last few months at AAHS. I believe that everyone should be included, and I want to encourage my fellow students to get out there and engage with all of the different communities within our school. In January, I was the Altoona Mirror’s Student of the Month, and it would be an honor to add Homecoming Royal to my list of achievements. As most people know, my grandmother is fighting her second battle with stage 4 cancer, and everything I do is to make her proud. I want to win the crown for her and to show her that her determination to keep fighting is my inspiration to finish my high school career strong

Mountain Echo • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in