May 28, 2021
For the last blog that I will ever write for the Mountain Echo, I decided to write something with a positive note.
For the first half of my blog, I’m going to dive deep into Spotify where I used to keep all of my music and shed some insight on what my favorite songs used to be and my most played songs on my previous playlists.
Snow (Hey Oh)- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Romantic- Stanaj, NOTD
Hoodie- Hey Violet
Obsession- Vice, Jon Bellion
Last Train Home- Blink 182
3005- Childish Gambino
Wet Dreams- J. Cole
Sermon- James Arthur
Mirror- Lil Wayne, Bruno Mars
Rock Me- One Direction
California- Blink 182
Dazed and Confused- Led Zeppelin
Simple Man- Lynyrd Skynyrd
Sweet Emotion- Aerosmith
Another brick in the wall- Pink Floyd
80’s films- Jon Bellion
Harvard- Laundry Day
Beverly Hills- Weezer
Say It Ain’t So- Weezer
No Sad No Bad- Killy
I Like Girls- PnB Rock (feat. Lil. Skies)
Monster- 21 savage
Faygo Dreams- 6 Dogs
Kryptonite- 3 Doors Down
Teenage Dirtbag- Wheatus
Teardrops- Bring me the Horizon
Do I Wanna Know?- Arctic Monkeys
Island in the sun- Weezer
Reckless Abandon- Blink 182
Dirty Little Secret- The All-American Rejects
without you- Tana Mongeau
Meant to Live- Switchfoot
Now that we have shuffled through the past years of my life…get it? Shuffle like a song…okay I’ll stop.
Here’s the top 10 songs that I’m going to play this summer.
- Amber- 311
- Two words: Chefs. Kiss.
2. DJ’s- Sublime
- This song just makes me want to go on an adventure with a fruity smoothie or juice in my hand and go to concerts and just enjoy my summer to the fullest extent.
3. Harness Your Hopes- Pavement
- This song just makes me want to be with my friends driving around with the windows down. It’s just amazing.
4. Freakin’ out on the Interstate- Briston Maroney
- This song is one you play on the car ride home from a great day, while you reflect on the day and you just gather your thoughts.
5. Wish You Were Here- Incubus
- This song is one my friends and I scream with the windows down on our way to and from where the road shall take us, and I expect nothing less these next couple of months of summer.
6. Rooster- Alice in Chains
- After seeing this song in concert, I can’t help but remember how beautiful this song was, hearing it gave me goosebumps. The crowd was just amazing and had amazing energy and I hope that my summer radiates the same vibes.
7. Money- The Drums
This one’s simple: my friends and I are always broke so we sing this as a joke but it’s also one that we all yell the lyrics to constantly.
8. Scarlet Begonias- Sublime I’m so sorry I just like Sublime’s version better than Grateful Dead…don’t be mad at me.
9. Heaven up There- Palace
- This song is like seven minutes long but it’s so worth the listen. This song is peaceful and it makes me happy to listen to it.
10. Nutshell- Alice in Chains
- This last one is one that I would want to be in the opening credits of my movie if I had one about my life, or playing on the car ride home from an amazing day of my life.
That being said, that wraps up my final “Got music” blog. Thank you for reading once again, and thank you AAHS Mountain echo and AAJHS livewire for the past four years. If I could go back in time and do it all over again, I would.