Alli Little

Swim! PE teacher Carly Lessard pursues her dreams of helping kids swim. Her experience swimming through high school and college made her a great swimming instructor.

Carly Lessard

Q: Where did you go to high school and could you describe your high school experience? 

A: I went to Bishop Carol High School in Ebensburg, my high school experience was a lot different being at a private school compared to a big public school; I mean it was good.

Q: How have the first few weeks of school gone for you?

A: Really good. It’s exciting meeting all the students and just getting a new experience.

Q: If you could describe your new classroom in one word what would it be? 

A: I work in the pool area, so it’s exciting.

Q: Could you describe your prior teaching experience?

A: This is actually my first teaching experience, so I don’t have anything prior to this.

Q: What got you interested in the subject you teach and what was your favorite growing up?

A: So the subject I teach is swimming with Mr. Kozak. I actually swam in high school and college, so that’s what sparked my interest in this job. And we didn’t have swimming class at my high school because it was a really small high school, so I think this is a really cool opportunity that you guys get to have.

Q: What brought you to Altoona to teach? 

A: This is a very unique job. It’s like a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Q: What inspired you to become a teacher?

A: I always had teaching in the back of my mind.

Q: Why did you choose to teach high school?

A: I like high school aged students because you guys are full of opportunity, and you are just optimistic about your futures. And it’s not like elementary school students where you kind of have to explain everything to them; you guys are old enough where we can have conversations.

Q: What would be a suggestion you have to make AAHS better?

A: I’m not sure. I’ve only been here six weeks, so I don’t know a lot about the school, but everything seems pretty nice right now.

Q: If you could teach another subject what would it be and why?

A: Social studies.

Q: What is your go to snack or lunch item to bring with you to school?

A: Fruit.

Q: If you could choose one fast food restaurant to be in the school cafeteria, what would it be and what would you order there?

A: Chick-Fil-A.

Q: Who has been the most help to you as you have started this new job?

A: Mr. Kozak.

Mountain Echo • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in