Lets+present+%0ABiology+teacher+Mary+Heiple+presents+a+slideshow+about+how+living+things+react+to+the+environment.+She+prepared+this+for+the+new+lesson.++

Trey Boore

Let’s present Biology teacher Mary Heiple presents a slideshow about how living things react to the environment. She prepared this for the new lesson.

Mary Heiple

Q: Where did you go to high school and could you describe your high school experience?

A: I went to Rockwood High School; it was a really great experience. It was a much smaller school than Altoona. I graduated with about 58 people total, so we really knew everybody in our class and knew everything about everybody. That’s pretty much where my love of biology sparked. So I had four biology classes in high school; I loved every single one of them and that’s what made me want to go into teaching.

Q: How have the first few weeks of school gone for you?

A: Things have been great, I have really gotten a good start. This is my first year ever teaching, I did my student teaching last semester, and I just graduated college this spring. So I think starting out, I had a really good start and am trying to keep that momentum going with my students.

Q: If you could describe your new classroom in one word what would it be? 

A: Fantastic, I think that’s the only word I can really use.

Q: What was your prior teaching experience like and what brought you to Altoona?

A: I am a new teacher, so this is my very first year teaching. I had my student teaching experience in Indiana High School. That was a very similar area to Altoona, much larger school and things like that. Altoona, I really like the environment. I like the classes that were offered, and whenever I came in for my interview I liked everything we talked and I really felt at home with this school.

Q: What would be a suggestion you have to make AAHS better?

A: Hmm that’s tricky because so far everything has just been good, except for lockers, we can figure out lockers.

Mountain Echo • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in