Palladini twirls, writes through high school

Jace Baronner, Guest Writer

Sophomore Jaidyn Palladini has been twirling ever since she was very young, and she loves to write. She has been awarded for her excellence in journalism and twirling.

“I have been twirling for Pam’s Chargers since I was in the fourth grade,” Palladini said.

Many students fall in love with a certain subject in school that could lead them on a pathway to the future. Palladini is looking into studying journalism during college.

“I’ve considered studying journalism.  I mean it’s not the thing I want to major in for college, but it’s something I’ve thought about doing,” Palladini said.

Throughout the years, Palladini has collected a few awards for herself showing her twirling skills and works with her group to win other events.

“If you’re counting it as individual awards I have a few not huge events,” Palladini said.

In newspaper adviser Wanda Vanish’s class, Editors Destiny Montgomery and Cassidy Klock choose a reporter of the month to a reporter who shows hard work, dedication and shows they are willing to do more than they can achieve. Editors chose Palladini as the first reporter of the month this school year.

“Cassidy and I chose Jaidyn as reporter of the month because she showed us how much she cared about this class. She went out of her way to get more photos than she needed to and was always coming up to me with ideas for stories and to make sure she was doing her story right. Not only are her story ideas awesome, but she is an exceptional writer. We truly enjoy having her in class, and we thought she would make a great person for our first ever reporter of the month,” Montgomery said.

In journalism everyone works as a group. The editors check the stories to find any mistakes and help reporters. Palladini looks up to one of the editors very much.

“I look up to Destiny a lot because she is editor in chief. It’s also important to look up to her because she knows what she’s doing,” Palladini said.

Palladini is passionate about one of her classes.

“I’m passionate about writing because I used to not like writing one bit, but  once I started doing intro to publication my freshman year it got me more involved in writing, and I got more of a love for it,” Palladini said.

With many students picking up the talent of twirling, Palladini has one specific person in mind who is her favorite.

“I would probably say Karissa Wimberly because she is a good twirler and has her own company,” Palladini said.