Student shares motivations, goals of her life

Dylan Gallo

Introduction to Publication students designed magazine covers to feature journalism students. Dylan Gallo designed this cover to feature Aleah Layton.

Sophomore Aleah Laytont has sets many goals .

“I like art and just being with my friends and then I also cheer for the school,” Layton said.

In her two years at high school, she has many accomplishments..

“Competitive cheerleading and making it onto the team in general, but keep my grades up as well,” Layton said.

On top of all her school work and extracurricular activities, Layton helps with her family as well. 

“I usually do the secretarial work, helping my dad print out his bills and such,” Layton said.

Layton feels like she could go to her parents for anything and is open but also honest as she can.

“My mom is like my best friend and she’s there for me all time and I can talk to her all the time. But the same goes for my dad and just everybody in my family,” Layton said.

Family means a lot to Layton, 

“Being happy, having a family and having a comfortable amount of money. It’s not my main priority but being happy and having a family is,” Layton said.

She feels that she still has a bit more work to do before achieving what she wants.

“Once I graduate from college, work for a few years, I will feel closer to my goals,” Layton said.

Layton plans to go to college.

“I don’t know if I want to do nursing or therapy or something of that sort, but I definitely want to be in the medical field,” Layton said.