Seniors bid farewell

Boys’ soccer senior players finish out the season
Huddle+up.+The+boys+soccer+team+takes+a+quick+break+as+they+prepare+to+resume+their+game.+
Jaidyn Palladini
Huddle up. The boys soccer team takes a quick break as they prepare to resume their game.

The boys’ soccer season ended abruptly in a loss to Central Mountain in the semifinals. The loss was the last time many senior soccer players would be on a field competitively. 

“Beating Hollidaysburg on their home turf was probably the most memorable part of the season,” senior Connor Adams said. 

The team also saw a lot of improvements between this season and last. The teams points against went down by 18 goals. They focused more on one other and playing as a team than they did on themselves.

“I think for myself and the team, we performed a lot better this year than we did last year. We didn’t fold as much as we did last year, and we kept our heads up. It was a really great season,” senior Daniel Kelley said.

With the class of 2023 leaving, the 2024 class must step up on the field. The leadership roles changed drastically. 

“I definitely took more of a leadership role than last year because this year I was probably the one that everybody was looking up to, as well as the other seniors on the team. I feel like I took on a lot more responsibility,” Kelley said.

Soccer has changed the players on and off the field in many ways.

“It made me a lot more of a team player both on and off of the field. I’ve gotten a lot more vocal as well,” Adams said.

“Playing for this team changed me on the field because it opened my eyes to more positions. I never really played anything other than defense but this year, they said ‘oh, you can try it out,’  and then I scored a few goals and had a great time off the field. It was a great experience because we loved to hang out. We always do a ritual where we have a hangout before the home games. It was a great and overall a fun time,” Kelley said.

Much like last year, the seniors will be leaving the juniors to step up and lead the team. 

“To the underclassmen, I’d say keep your heads up. You have a long road ahead of you, do better, and keep progressing through the years. For the juniors, I’d say next year I want you all to step up. You have a bigger responsibility, and I want you to lead this team to a successful season,” Kelley said

“Just don’t get in your own head. Don’t fight with each other. Just act as a team and then do your best,” Adams said.