Announcements for 11/30/2023

ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2023
Attention students:  Today your teachers will be wearing apparel from their alma maters, meaning the colleges, universities, military or trade schools from which they graduated.  Student scavenger hunt sheets will be available outside of the Guidance Office throughout the morning today.  Pick one up, and have teachers sign off beside their alma maters as you walk the halls between periods.  Drop your completed scavenger hunt sheet back off at Guidance by the end of the day today to be eligible for one of 3 epic college swag baskets.
Attention Astronomy Club: Our next meeting will be held NOT today, but next Thursday, December 7th in the Planetarium after school. Mark your calendars for Tuesday, December 19th for the club’s new, improved holiday party! We will enjoy an Astronomy Holiday Trivia challenge, Christmas shopping in the Logan Towne Center, and a bus trip through Lights on the Lake.  It’s an evening you won’t want to miss. Permission slips will be available during our next club meeting on Thursday,
December 7th.
Attention winter athletes:  There will be a mandatory eligibility meeting for all winter athletes today at 8:40 AM in the Field House.
Attention Seniors:  The FAFSA will be available to complete on December 31.  Remember…parents can still sign up for the FAFSA workshop that we are having here in our school’s library on January 29th   See your counselor if you have any questions.
Attention students looking for a career…  look no further than our next-door neighbor, the Greater Altoona Career and Technology Center!  Plan to attend their Open House Tuesday, December 5th anytime between 5 and 7 PM.  Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to see as many programs as you like and speak to students who can give you the inside scoop!!
Attention all current and previous biology students:  Have you ever wanted to travel to the Galapagos Islands?  Have you ever wanted to see giant tortoises and marine iguanas, or swim with sea lions and Galapagos penguins?  If so, join our Google Classroom for more information on this trip of a lifetime coming in June of 2025!  The code is r6hezg3