FLC promotes foreign language classes to junior high students

Lets+learn+about+Spanish%21%0ASophomore+Chris+Perez+talks+about+the+language+he+takes+%28Spanish%29+to+the+students+at+the+junior+high.+

Sydney Wilfong

Let’s learn about Spanish! Sophomore Chris Perez talks about the language he takes (Spanish) to the students at the junior high.

During the morning of Jan. 29, FLC (Fanatics of Language and Culture Club) attended AAJHS to encourage eighth grade students to join foreign language classes and clubs at the high school.

The FLC members were separated into pairs and sent to specific classes in the junior high. In those classes, they showed a video to the eighth grade students. FLC made the video just for this special occasion.

The video portrayed the different language classes that a ninth grade student could take, as well as the opportunities the high school offers for language enthusiasts.

The FLC members made several comments during the video to excite the eighth graders’ curiosity.

“Understanding a foreign language will help you understand the English language. And it’s fun!” senior Marissa Abbott said.

After the video, the eighth grade students played a Kahoot game to see what they already knew about foreign cultures.

Once the video ended, the junior high students asked questions regarding the high school foreign language classes and the extracurricular clubs that seemed interesting or fun.