“I’m in”

Mckenzie Quirin's blog featuring senior students every week to find out what their futures will look like. This will be a way for students to discover what their peer’s plans are after high school. Come back Tuesdays and Thursdays to see new featured seniors.

Senior+Gianna+Marasco+will+be+furthering+her+education+at+Lock+Haven+University.+

Marasco Family

Senior Gianna Marasco will be furthering her education at Lock Haven University.

Tuesday’s featured senior student is Gianna Marasco. Find out more about Marasco in the Q&A below.

Q: What college are you going to?

A: Lock Haven University.

Q: Why did you choose to go to Lock Haven University?

A: I fell in love with the campus, and it felt like home. It’s a great school that has my intended major, and I am able to continue my athletic career there, as well. 

Q: What are you majoring in or planning on studying at Lock Haven?

A: Secondary Chemistry Education. 

Q: What are you most excited for?

A: I am excited for new academic and athletic challenges as well as meeting new people. 

Q: What other colleges were you looking at as other options?

A: Indiana University of Pennsylvania, Slippery Rock and Penn State.

Q: In your opinion, how will the transition go from high school to college for you?

A: I think my transition will go pretty smoothly. I get to be on campus a week before classes start, so I will know my way around and know people who can help me!

Q: What steps have you taken or are currently taking to have a successful time in college?

A: I have been completing all of my online work, as well as attend online academic sessions with professors. 

Q: Describe your senior year in three words.

A: Fun, memorable, short.

Q: What is one thing you will miss about high school?

A: I will miss all of the clubs and activities I was in along with the teachers and peers.