Sonia Yost

Health teacher Nancee Crider will be retiring this year.

Nancee Crider

Health education teacher Nancee Crider will be retiring after over 20 years of education.

“I worked at AAHS for 22 years, BG for six years, and did sub work at Moshannon Valley, Bellwood and surrounding schools,” Crider said.

Crider has many planse for her retirement.

“I will spend time with friends and family, especially my two granddaughters Vivi and Leah. I will take art classes, travel with my husband, Carl, go on a retirement trip for our 40th wedding anniversary, play more tennis and pickleball, take music lessons and do more volunteer work,” Crider said.

Crider has many memories that make her smile, but one in particular was more memorable than the others.

“One time that was particularly memorable was the day I was getting ready for parent conferences to begin, when a gush of water, reminiscent of Niagara Falls, came flowing down the back wall of my room from one of the science rooms above me. It was terrifying and ridiculous at the same time. I remember calling out for help while trying to stop the raging river that was coming dangerously close to my benchmark projects. Luckily, the water faucet from the science room was turned off quickly, and our top-notch custodial staff had the mess cleaned up in no time,” Crider said. “This water fiasco gave me a great story to share with the parents at conferences that night. An apology umbrella, pink and orange as I recall, was delivered from the absent-minded gardener later that week for the next time. It was hysterical!”

Crider’s students had to make a vision board for their benchmark, to highlight things they hope to have in their future.

“My vision board in high school would have included the job that I am leaving now. I am starting to construct my own retirement vision board right now. It is looking great so far,” Crider said.

With there not being a last day of school, Crider would like to say “thanks” to her students and colleagues.

“It has been a pleasure to work with my colleagues, past and present. Thank you to all of the administration and staff for their support. I am in awe of your talents, professionalism and passion in educating our students. Thank you to all of the clerical and custodial staff that I bothered a lot over my time at AAHS, you always came through. And finally, thank you to all of my students for helping me grow and become a better person and teacher. It is bittersweet to leave AAHS this year, this way,” Crider said.

Crider later quoted Ralph Waldo Emerson’s “The first wealth is health.”

Mountain Echo • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in