History classes prepare for simulation

Back to Article
Back to Article

History classes prepare for simulation

Pucker up
Carolyn Kline races to the finish with a playing card in her mouth during the assembly. Two teacher teams competed against each other using games the homecoming candidates would play the next week.

Pucker up Carolyn Kline races to the finish with a playing card in her mouth during the assembly. Two teacher teams competed against each other using games the homecoming candidates would play the next week.

Miranda Wertz

Miranda Wertz

Miranda Wertz

Rob Ferrell, Reporter

Carolyn Kline will be hosting a WWI simulation with her American Studies classes on Oct. 8 and 9 during the school day to help her students learn more about WWI, what caused it and why it happened.

“You must see who your true allies are and find out if you’re willing to break alliances to avoid war,” Kline said.

The goal of the simulation is to help the students learn what caused WWI to happen. They will be broken up into six fake countries that resemble real European countries. Their main goal is to try and avoid going to war at all costs. What makes it hard for them is that each country just wants to know what is in it for them and it starts dragging the other countries into the problem.