Underclassmen to attend semi-formal Spring Fling

The+spring+fling+tickets+a%3Bre+to+be+sold+the+week+of+March+24.+Tickets+will+be+sold+for+five+dollars.+

Abigail Shearer

The spring fling tickets a;re to be sold the week of March 24. Tickets will be sold for five dollars.

Abigail Shearer, Reporter

Get ready freshman and sophomores. The spring fling semi-formal dance is quickly approaching. The dance is being held to make up for dances that were missed due to COVID-19. 

Ninth grade student council adviser Stephanie McAleer gave insight on the process behind planning the spring fling dance.

“We wanted to give the ninth and tenth graders a dance, sort of like a social, because tenth graders didn’t get a dance last year and ninth graders didn’t have their eighth grade social due to COVID-19,” McAleer said.

McAleer communicates her thoughts while planning the dance.  

“My first thought was ‘oh boy I’m doing another dance.’ I did the ninth grade social at the junior high for six or seven years,” McAleer said. 

Freshman and sophomores are the only students permitted to attend 

“We want to give them the social they missed, and the juniors and seniors have the prom,” McAleer said.

The dance will be set up in the same format as Homecoming with the exception of entering through a different door. 

“We will have a DJ and dancing in the gym. We will have light refreshments at the front entrance to the lobby. Right now we are planning on having everyone enter through the front lobby instead of the side door because it took so long for everyone to get in for Homecoming,” McAleer said. 

Freshman Simone Paxton expresses her feelings on this dance making up for dances that were missed due to COVID-19.

“I think it’s good for everyone who was excited and misses the eighth grade social. The juniors and seniors have their prom so I think it’s good we have our own dance,” Paxton said.