Add Tell Me Three Things to reading lists

Are+you+a+somebody+or+a+nobody%3F+Maybe+youre+both.+in+the+book+Tell+Me+Three+Things+you+learn+the+story+of++two+people+who+were+nobodies+until+they+find+each+other.+They+fall+in+love+and+became+somebodies+to+each+other.+

Jocelyn Fetter

Are you a somebody or a nobody? Maybe you’re both. in the book Tell Me Three Things you learn the story of two people who were nobodies until they find each other. They fall in love and became somebodies to each other.

Jocelyn Fetter, Associate Editor

Me: Tell me three things I don’t know about you. You know, besides your name

and, well, everything else.

SN: okay. (1) I make a killer grilled cheese. (2) If you met me even a year ago, I

was a totally different person. (3) . . . I don’t know. May keep this one to myself.

Me: Come on. You keep everything to yourself.

SN: (3) I like you.

Me: (3) I like you too. 

This type of text may look very familiar to you. As a member of the twenty first century it is safe to say that I have lived most of my life communicating with others through social media exactly like this. We have access to talk to people in our schools, cities, states, even our entire country we have never even met. But, what if the person you need the most is someone you’ve never met? What if the person you trust the most is a person who you have chatted with anonymously. A person who sits behind some sort of screen and shares all of their deepest thoughts, feelings, hopes and dreams with you, without even knowing you.

This captivating young adult love novella between two high school “nobodies” is just that. Two strangers meet through the internet, and become “somebodies” to one another after continuous, anonymous chatting.

Jessie Holmes is a junior who has nothing to look forward to doing with her life other than counting down the 733 days since her mom died, the 45 days since her dad eloped with a new woman  or the 30 days it took for her family to pack up and move in with said lady and ladies son.

Jessie ends up moving to California where she attends a new school, meaning a new start for her. At this new school, she doesn’t have friends; therefore, she knows no one. Jessie receives an email from an anonymous sender of the name “Somebody Nobody” a week after her arrival. This email is from a boy who attends her school. The email informs her that he has noticed her, and she intrigues him. This obviously gains her interest and the chatting begins there.

Over the next few months the two become very close through email. The two get to know a lot about each other by taking turns telling three things about themselves (cough cough allusion cough cough), asking each other deeper questions and talking about random things.

The secrecy of who “Somebody Nobody”  is keeps people on the edge of their seats throughout the entire book. If this book were ever made into a movie, I would see it the very first day of release. When talking about this book with my friends, they raved about how they couldn’t put it down. This book is the perfect romcom, and I found myself as into this book as I was into movies like Twilight or The Hunger Games.

The story between the two never got lost, and this book is something I would read for a fourth time because I’ve already read it three times. I have recommended this book to most of my friends, and they love it too.

This book is truly something to give a shot, and isn’t something I’m suggesting because I have to but because I want to. The ending is so satisfying to me and as well as reading the story between Jessie and Somebody Nobody and figuring out the mystery is reward itself.