Attaboy makes school rock

Jeff+Edgel+and+Christian+Morris+rock+the+high+school.+they+work+extremely+well+with+the+rest+of+the+bad+and+have+an+amazing+chemistry+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Attaboy makes school rock

Jeff Edgel and Christian Morris rock the high school. they work extremely well with the rest of the bad and have an amazing chemistry

Corey Minton, Reporter

Attaboy is a Christian band that travels all over the country from schools to churches spreading their message.

“Everybody has struggled, and if you haven’t had struggles you will.  It’s a fact of life, and struggles were never meant to be handled on our own. So don’t feel like you have to be alone in the struggle you face. Personally I would not be here today, I would not be able to do what I do without the influence of god in my life. We hope that anyone that sees us play can walk away being encouraged and being filled with hope when they hear us perform, when they see us perform, when they hear our music and when they hear what we have to say our goal is that people leave inspired and encouraged by the message that we have,” Ryan Payne said.

The band follows a core belief of helping people through their walk of life. They travel from state to state performing and talking. They also spend time with their fans after they perform. Whether it is a long time fan or a first-time listener, the band members will talk and share stories with each individual person. They give advice about life’s struggles.”

“Don’t be afraid to ask questions, don’t be afraid to figure things out, know that the end is not the end, tomorrow is a new day, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, and just hang on. There are always people who care and want to help, so don’t be afraid to reach out and come alongside you to support you in whatever you are dealing with,” Melani Morris said.

The band as a whole wants their audience to know that there are people out there who can help no matter what situation someone is in as long as they ask. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, so if anyone ever finds themselves going through an emotional rut or questioning where they are at in life open up and talk to a trusted friend or family member or even a school counselor. Everyone goes through rough patches in the journey of life but no one said it had to be walked alone.

The band also had inspirational words for anyone who wants to pursue music or any career that they enjoy.

“If anyone is out there that wants to pursue what they love, wants to pursue music or whatever, I just love to say go for it. Find people to do it with, don’t do life alone and don’t pursue your art or passion alone. Doing it with people who really support you is the best way to do and just go for it; it’s worth it,” Christian Morris said.

The band travels from state to state and it won’t be long before they perform in Altoona again.