Stanley vs. Hydroflask – the better choice

The+trend+train.+Laney+Yost+%28left%29%2C+Riley+Pellegrino+%28middle%29+and+Leiya+Resig+%28right%29+jump+on+the+trend+train+with+their+Stanley+cups.+
Megan Shultz
The trend train. Laney Yost (left), Riley Pellegrino (middle) and Leiya Resig (right) jump on the trend train with their Stanley cups.

While walking down the school hallways, you will find a variety of different styled cups being carried. From 17 oz plastic water bottles to 40 oz insulated tumblers, everyone has their own preferred type. The real question is: what is the most convenient cup for on the go?

“I have bumped my Stanley cup on walls and dropped it on the floor multiple times,” senior Riley Pellegrino said.  “Even with that, there are barely any marks or dents. My Hydro Flask has dents all over it just by dropping it once.”

While the Hydro Flask was a high demand product in 2020, the Stanley cup has become popular over the summer of 2023 for multiple reasons. The cup is the perfect size, easy to drink out of and keeps drinks cold or hot for hours at a time.

The standard size for the Stanley is 40 oz. The cup is designed with a wider top then narrows down towards the bottom. The best part about this is that if you’re on the go, the cup fits perfectly in any cup holder, and also holds the perfect amount of drink. Meanwhile, the 40 ounce Hydro Flask is the same size all the way through. This is a setback because now, the cup has to be held for the duration of the trip.

The Stanley has style options which allow the buyer to have the exact type of cup they want for every scenario.

With one style, there is a handle on the side that makes the cup easier to pick up and hold. This style also includes a straw that can be removed if necessary. Some may not like this style, but that’s OK, because they also have the option of the handle being collapsible as well as the straw. Perfect for if spillage is a concern.

In addition to the size options, the color choices for a Stanley are a lot prettier.

The color schemes that are put together look cute no matter what. Not only do they have gorgeous pastel colors, but they include a series of neutral colors, which are the best option for those who aren’t incredibly fond of a whole lot of color.

Pricing on these items might be a concern to some. Why would one spend so much money on a simple tumbler? Although both the Hydro Flask and Stanley are both a little higher in price, it is totally worth every penny.

The Stanley cups are incredibly reliable. They come with a lifetime warranty. If it happens to get damaged, an email can be sent over with proof to receive a replacement part. The team from Stanley themselves will determine if a replacement is truly needed along with what parts of the cup in order to be fixed properly.

“I like my Hydro Flask because having the full cover keeps my drink cold for longer,” Senior Aaliyah McGee said. “Also I hate that the Stanley has the straw that is exposed all of the time. I wouldn’t want a bug crawling into my drink.”

So yes, it could be argued that the Stanley cup is no better than the Hydro Flask, but taking these facts into consideration, it is obvious to readers which tumbler is more reliant and convenient.

What's your favorite thing about fall?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.