Announcements for 10/18/2023

ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2023

Attention Juniors and Seniors: Marianna Hoagies orders are available for pick up today, Wednesday, October 18th. You can pick up at the end of the school day or between 3pm – 5pm in the main office lobby.

Attention Seniors: Students are reminded to go to jostens.com to order their custom graduation announcements, senior gear, keepsakes, and cap & gown by Thursday, October 26th. Any senior interested in picking up a Jostens Senior Packet, please pick one up outside of B120. All of the same packet information can be found on the Jostens website. Please check your email for more details.

Attention Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors: Want a great way to show your school pride and spirit? It’s time to order your school class jewelry! The Jostens Class Jewelry Company is accepting orders now. Please visit jostens.com or pick up a Ring Design Kit outside of B120 for a Free Adidas backpack promotion PLUS a $25 discount when ordering by Thursday, October 26th. Please check your email for more details.

Attention students: There will be an open gym today at the Fieldhouse from 4:30-6:00PM for any male students in grades 9 thru 12 who are interested in playing basketball.

Attention Astronomy Club: Permission slips for this Thursday’s field trip are due to Mr. Krug in the Planetarium no later than today. Our Thursday evening of adventure includes a ghost lecture from a local haunted history expert, a ghost scavenger hunt for prizes in the Altoona Railroaders Museum, and then a Hocus Pocus movie night and pizza party in the Planetarium. Don’t miss it!

Attention students: Tickets for this year’s fall play, A Monster Calls, are now on sale! Performances are Friday, November 3rd and Saturday, November 4th at 7PM. Student tickets are only $5 and may be purchased with cash in the student store. Tickets may also be purchased online with a credit card. See our posters around the building with the QR code to buy online. We hope to see you there!

The Equity and Inclusion Squad is hosting its first Town Hall meeting. This month’s meeting is aimed toward hearing suggestions of students who are struggling to find a group and fit in. It is open to all students. We will meet today in room A225 at 3 PM. Please plan to attend!

Attention Friends of Rachel Club: Our next meeting will be held this Friday, October 20th in the auditorium during 2nd period. Passes are available in the library. Passes must be picked up by Thursday and signed by your 2nd-period teacher. No passes will be given out on Friday.

Attention ALL STUDENTS: Students are not permitted to wear ear buds at the high school in the halls or have their phones outside of their lockers during the day. All students must wear their IDs around their necks on the provided lanyards. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action by your grade level principal.

Attention all students who wish to attend home football games at Mansion Park: You must have your ID with you to get into the football games. If you do not have your ID, you cannot get into the game.

Seniors: Mrs. Irwin has gotten more Gardner’s Candies for you to sell to help raise money for your AfterGlo. Stop by Room A334 to pick up the Candies. All money needs to be returned by Friday, November 3rd.

Seniors: Please sell Claysburg Pizzas, Strombolis, and Cinnamon Rolls to also help raise money for your AfterGlo. All Totals Order Forms and Monies are due Friday, October 27th. The Food will be delivered Wednesday, November 8th. If you sell $250, you will earn 1 free AfterGlo ticket. If you sell $400, you will earn 2 free AfterGlo tickets. Stop by Room A334 to pick up the order form and totals order form.