Announcements for 11/8/2023

ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2023

Hey AAHS! Get out to Hollidaysburg on Friday to support our football team in their quest for the D6 Championship! The theme is BLACK OUT. Tickets must be purchased in advance via the PIAA website.

Also, don’t forget about the CLASS WARS theme this Thursday. Let’s see which class has the most school spirit!
9th – red
10th – white
11th – blue
12th – red, white and blue

Attention students: The American Legion is announcing both its 2024 Essay Contest, “Why is the 1st Amendment Important in America?” and its High School Oratorical Scholarship Program – both of which are open to students in 9th through 12th grade. Winners can receive awards ranging from $2,500 to $7,500. Please stop by the Literature Rack outside of the Guidance Office to pick up information for both of these programs. Deadline to submit an application for the Oratorical Scholarship Program is December 3rd and the deadline for the essay contest is January 9th.

Attention 9th grade male basketball players: There will be an open gym workout for any 9th grade male students interested in playing basketball tonight, Wednesday, November 8th, at the JUNIOR HIGH GYM from 6:30 PM-8:00 PM. If you are playing a Fall sport that is still in season, you are not allowed to participate. This is only for freshman male basketball players. Thank you.

Attention Winter Sports Athletes: Athletic physicals will be held from 3:00 PM –4:00 PM this Thursday, November 9th. Physical paperwork can be found on the Athletic page of the district website or outside of the Athletic office in the Fieldhouse. Please plan on attending as there are no make-up dates scheduled. If you have any questions, please stop in the Athletic Office.

Attention JUNIORS: Are you planning on attending college or a trade school after your senior year? If so, there is a scholarship opportunity for you NOW! Please stop by the Guidance office Literature rack to pick up a Preliminary Scholarship Application for the Bud Lutty Scholarship Competition and send it in before December 31st of this year.

Attention Seniors: An admissions counselor from Gettysburg College will be here during lunches on Thursday, November 9th. Please stop by and say hello.

Attention Seniors who sold Claysburg Pizzas, Strombolis, and/or Cinnamon Rolls for AfterGlo: Orders will be delivered THIS Thursday. Students can pick up their orders at the end of the school day Thursday near the main entrance or from 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM at the main entrance of the B Building. Please do not try to pick up early as it will interfere with dismissal. Please make necessary arrangements to have all orders picked up as all items are perishable and we have nowhere to store them.

Calling all high school students to be part of an action-packed activities night on Thursday, November 9th, filled will a thrilling dodgeball tournament, friendly games of cornhole, badminton, and volleyball, and a refreshing dip in the pool. Don’t miss out on the chance to make new friends, showcase your athletic skills, and create lasting memories – $2 at the door, ID required! See you there! Sign-up papers for the dodgeball tourney can be picked up at Mr. Palfey’s.