Announcements for 11/14/2023

ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2023
Attention Friends of Rachel:  The next meeting will be held this Thursday during period 3 in the open cafeteria.  Stop in the library to pick up your pass before Thursday.  No passes will be given on Thursday.  You need to get permission from your teacher prior to the day of the meeting.
Attention Mock Trial Students:  Our next practice will be tomorrow, Wednesday, November 15th from 3-5 PM in Mrs. Negri’s room.  If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Negri or Mr. Wilt.
Attention Teachers and Students:  The 2023 Post High School Opportunity Fair will be held Tuesday, November 14th from 5:00 to 7:00 PM and Wednesday, November 15th from 9:00 AM until 12:18 PM in the AAHS Field House.  Currently there are over 50 institutions which have signed up to attend.  These include colleges and universities, trade technical and career schools, nursing schools, business schools, junior and community colleges.
All junior and senior students will attend the Fair Wednesday with their teachers during fifth period.  The Career and Technology Center students will also be attending from the CTC.  Students and parents are urged to attend the Opportunity Fair Tuesday evening from 5-7 PM.  We hope you will take advantage of this excellent opportunity to learn more about the wide range of career options open to you.
Attention anybody interested in running indoor track:  There will be an organizational meeting Monday, November 20th after school in room A225 (BIC room).  The meeting will be brief.  If you can’t attend, see Coach Adams in room B220.
Attention students:  Have you ever watched the show Whose Line Is It Anyway?  and wished you could see a hilarious show like that live?  Well your wish is granted!  Come laugh along with the thespians in our drama club as they play improv games and make up everything on the spot based on your suggestions!  Our first annual Improv Night is tonight, November 14th at 7PM in the Blackbox Commons.  Tickets are only $5 and will be sold at the door!  We hope to see you there!
Attention FLC members:  The holidays are upon us, and students “me gusta” this time of year!  Join us on Thursday, November 16th in a special venue – the Planetarium – from 2:55-3:30 PM to discuss our upcoming events.
Attention everyone:  EvanStrong bracelets and ConnorStrong bracelets are being sold for $1.00 in the Main Office.  The bracelets are in support of 2021 AAHS grad Evan Sanders and his brother, Connor Sanders, a member of this year’s senior class.  Please support the family as these two brothers deal with individual health issues.  All proceeds benefit the Sanders family.
Attention 9th grade male basketball players:  There will be an open gym workout for any 9th grade male students interested in playing basketball Tuesday night, November 14th, at the JUNIOR HIGH GYM from 6:30PM-8:00PM.  If you are playing a Fall sport that is still in season, you are not allowed to participate.  This is only for freshman male basketball players.  Thank you.
Attention Scholarship Seekers:  If you are a senior and have been employed at one of the Member Clubs of Western Pennsylvania Golf Association as a club employee in the clubhouse, the golf shop, golf course, swimming pool or tennis courts for at least 2 seasons, then be sure to stop by the literature rack outside of the guidance suite and pick up a Scholarship Application.  Applications must be mailed in and the deadline is November 30th.
Attention students:  The American Legion is announcing both its 2024 Essay Contest, “Why is the 1st Amendment Important in America?” and its High School Oratorical Scholarship Program – both of which are open to students in 9th through 12th grade.  Winners can receive awards ranging from $2,500 to $7,500.  Please stop by the Literature Rack outside of the Guidance Office to pick up information for both of these programs.  Deadline to submit your application for the Oratorical Scholarship Program is December 3rd and the deadline for the essay contest is January 9th.