Kihlee Noel writes stories

Taylin Geist

Sophomore Khilee Noel has been balancing her life of sports and journalism since freshman year.  

Noel has played volleyball, basketball and track and field since she was young but only joined journalism-related classes freshman year. She has already become a member of the Mountain Echo staff publishing her work like “Sophomore Executive Committee new officers lead fundraising.” 

“I would really like to be some type of sports journalist,” Noel said

Sports journalism may not always be recognized, but the people working behind it are responsible for game highlights, recaps, and analysis that are important to many sports fans to stay up to date with the teams.

“One of my major goals in high school is to get scholarships and major in journalism,” Noel said. 

For many people, a big part of sports is the community, whether it is who likes to watch the games together the coaches and your teammates. For Noel, the bond she has with her teammates is important to her.

“It is people that I’ve been working with for years. “I feel comfortable with the community and environment we have created with each other,” Noel said

Traveling is a big part of sports and most journalists chase the important events and games that may not be local to them so being comfortable traveling is important. 

Noel has enjoyed traveling for games. 

“There are the Penns in Philadelphia and for basketball we went to Erie, so there is a lot of fun traveling,” Noel said. 

Noel has been working hard towards her goal and her future looks bright, it doesn’t seem like she will stop until she reaches her goal.